Position: Border Compliance Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Description: Working as part of a fast-paced, experienced team, the Border Compliance Analyst will be responsible for processing shipment and trip information received from customers using the Descartes ViaTrade software application.
This entry-level opportunity is ideal for an individual who is seeking experience and is enthusiastic about the prospect of working at a growing company with a global focus, and who have a keen interest in learning and developing in the border compliance field.
We are seeking a reliable, adaptable individual with a proven record of delivering results under pressure, and who will thrive as both a team player and as an individual contributor.
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses.
Descartes has over 200,000 parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; research and perform trade tariff and duty calculations and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world’s largest, collaborative multi-modal logistics community.
Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
- Monitor work queue and organize work load to facilitate the timely submission of data to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and/or Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Review shipment documentation to identify or interpret data to be entered into Descartes’ proprietary web-enabled software application.
- Monitor work queue to ensure shipment’s acceptance by regulatory authorities.
- Interact with customers by phone or email to resolve issues and/or questions that arise
- Monitor work queue and contact customs brokers based on the shipment’s estimated time of arrival (ETA) at the border.
- Handle other work assignments in other related Descartes departments as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to perform shift work (Monday- Friday, 10:00 A.M- 6:30 P.M.)
- Computer literacy and strong skills in Word, Excel and E-mail (Microsoft Outlook preferred)
- Good analytical, clerical, and organization skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness to work a limited amount of overtime
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
Please submit your resume, and a cover letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com, citing “Border Compliance Analyst” in the subject of your message.