Kisserup International Trade Roots Inc.
Bookkeeper/Office Assistant (Part-time, option for full time)
- Work 2-4 days per week from the Company’s Offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia (approximately 15-30 hours/week, based upon workload)
- Directly responsible for ensuring that the Company accounting files are kept up to date, including posting all payables and receivables and interacting, when necessary, with the Company’s accountant to ensure that the accounting files are kept in accurate order
- Prepare cheques based upon the payables for signature by the President
- Prepare and maintain receivables and payables reports. Tracking and following up on receivables directly with customers, as required to ensure timely payment
- Scrutinize payables and receivables on an ongoing basis with a view to ensuring both accuracy and good business practices
- Be the principle contact for and manage the relationship with the Company’s Payroll Software Provider
- Add /delete employee information as required by the Payroll Software Provider to ensure timely and accurate payroll
- Assist with the preparation and submission HST Returns and Remittances to CRA, in consultation Kisserup President and Accountant
- Prepare and post expense reports for Kisserup Management and staff
- Prepare, track and post project expenses, preparing reports to Kisserup President upon request
- Manage and track contractual relationships with contracted consultants with respect to fees, expenses etc.
- Provide advice and suggestions for improving and streamlining company bookkeeping practices and project tracking & reporting systems. Typing reports and correspondence
- Compiling data under supervision
- Initiating orders for supplies, materials, equipment, and services
- Deal directly with suppliers to ensure value for money
- Such other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Profile / Education / Experience Requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years hands-on bookkeeping experience
- Minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience with Simply Accounting/Sage
- Experience with HST filings – familiarity with CPP, EI and other deductions as related to Employee Payroll
- Minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with business operations in the International Community preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently and without constant supervision
- Proactive and detail oriented
- Ability to deal in multicultural and at times high stress environment and several timezones
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.