Position: Associate Foreign Trade and Compliance Specialist
Location: Morrisville, NC
Description: The Associate Foreign Trade and Compliance Specialist position provides support to the North America Trade Compliance Manager and is responsible for ensuring that the importing and exporting activities of Teleflex Medical Incorporated and related companies doing business in the U.S., across all product and business units, comply with U.S. laws and regulations.
The incumbent in this role will actively assist and work with all business units, but in particular Logistics, Supply Chain, Sales, and Customer Service, to support Teleflex Medical’s Import and Export Compliance Programs.
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery. We also provide products and services for device manufacturers.
Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.
- Provide primary support to Teleflex Medical personnel, serving as a point of contact for Foreign Trade and Compliance issues related to ensuring compliance with import and export regulations including U. S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U. S. Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC), and other government agencies. This includes the import and export of products, services, transfer of technical data, and all other import/export licensing and compliance matters.
- Review, revise, enhance, maintain, and document export management system in accordance with U.S. Export regulations, corporate policy, and industry best practices.
- Review, revise, enhance, maintain, and document import management system in accordance with U.S. Customs regulations, corporate policy, and industry best practices.
- Proactively monitor regulatory changes, identifying risks/benefits/impact to Corporate Management and develop procedure to ensure compliance.
- Provide business units with regulatory advice related to matters involving CBP, EAR, and OFAC regulations.
- Collaborate with affiliate companies to streamline import and export operations while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Provide import and export implementation assistance to the various business units.
- Act as point of contact for Customer Service and Supply Chain teams for import/export regulatory assistance.
- Provide oversight to 3rd party providers, as directed, focusing on compliance with meeting agreed to service and compliance levels (e.g. freight forwarders, customs brokers, etc.).
- Conduct routine compliance audits – internal and external.
- Continuously work toward improving and refining the import and export processes to facilitate trade while maintaining and/or improving compliance with U. S. import and export laws and regulations.
- Perform other import and export compliance related duties as required.
- Attendance at Trade Compliance Conferences, CBP Seminars, Supply Chain Chemical Industry Seminars on International Trade and Compliance, Membership and active participation in Trade Associations encouraged.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Business, or related area. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker preferred.
- 1-4 years of experience with Import/Export Trade Compliance.
- Experience with Regulatory Customs, BIS, and FDA.
- Demonstrated technical expertise regarding U.S. and international customs laws, regulations, and related issues.
- Supply Chain/Logistics experience.
- Internal and External Audit experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- SAP experience.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to manage relationships between all levels across business units as well as externally.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, to present new strategies and concepts, achieve consensus for change and delivery.
- Proactive, well-organized and highly motivated. Must be team player.
- Negotiation and strong problem solving skills.
- Must be goal oriented.
- Ability to communicate and operate effectively with multiple teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet/exceed deadlines.
- Adapt to shifting priorities, work with minimal supervision, able to resolve problems/conflicts, reasoning ability.