Company: Estée Lauder
Position: Assistant Manager, Global Brand Supply Chain
Location: New York, NY
Description: The Assistant Manager, Global Brand Supply Chain will execute both long and short term brand objectives relating to product-to-market for the launch of assigned projects with a goal of timeliness, cost effectiveness and inventory management.
They will also coordinate new product development with all departments in the Supply Chain, and manage the development of all materials necessary to support new product introductions including samples, display and collateral.
- Manage the efficient and effective execution of new products and Marketing initiatives to the global marketplace.
- Develop and execute the launch timeline through Timeline Management to support the Marketing Calendar achieving cross-functional acceptance from the appropriate Business Unit including Marketing, Packaging, Products, R&D, Creative and Supply Chain Organization.
- Insure all milestones meet their due dates in order to achieve the Target Ship Date by driving the process end-to-end. Resolve all timeline issues and negotiate with appropriate departments and develop tactical plans when missed due dates occur to bring project back on track.
- Update Timeline Management system on a weekly basis to accurately reflect project status.
- Notify Senior Brand Management of critical issues and appropriate next steps.
- Keep Brand on target to meet Timeline Management performance objectives.
- Act as liaison between Marketing, Manufacturing, Product Development, R&D, Packaging and Creative in all areas relating to the product-to-market timeline.
- Review, update and resolve issues with Resource/Material Planning on new program progress.
- Attend Merchandising meetings and monitor timelines for launch support to meet ship dates.
- Coordinate the collateral process from inception to final shipment and / or disposition including the EXOB process.
- Review and approve all packaging artwork and insure corporate packaging guidelines are adhered to.
- Communicate product discontinuations to Basic Business group and Operations.
- Liaise with International markets on execution or service issues relating to new product introductions.
- Execute new product offerings and forecast approvals through the International Marketing Website. Will need to maintain all code master file information, set up global import and export launch projects and input International projects in European AS400 systems.
- Communicate and resolve issues relating to the global and market-specific marketing calendars.
- Coordinate and execute press preview and education samples for new product introductions.
- Input and maintain bills of material, item definition, and manufacturing locations utilizing the Package Definition System.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of Marketing Services, Manufacturing or Marketing experience in cosmetics or a related industry.
- College/University degree required.
- Must be an excellent team player with strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Excellent follow up and organizational skills required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, establish priorities and yet be flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to use computer systems necessary to meet department objectives including Excel, Word, IBM, AMAPS, AS400, On Line Costing, Global Coding, PDS, TLM, CPMS, SAP and IMW.
- Candidate will be based in New York but must be willing to work on Long Island as well.