Company JAM Industries
Position Assistant Logistics Manager
Location Baie-d’urfe, QC
Description JAM Industries is a leading distributor of consumer electronic goods, pro-audio equipment and musical instruments.
- Oversee and ensure all logistics activities, from purchasing to delivery, are carried out in an efficient manner;
- See to custom clearance issues, freight forwarders and European and Asian shipments;
- Coordinate with suppliers and negotiate with freight forwarders;
- Stay abreast of industry and legislation changes;
- Manage and support a team of 10 – 15 employees, assign work and ensure the completion of work in conjunction with departmental deadlines.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years relevant knowledge and work experience in international freight forwarding, logistics, USA and Canadian Customs Clearance and/or supply chain; CCS/LCB, CIFFA, CITP, CITT, FIATA PFF would be preferable;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing a team (5-10 employees);
- Excellent time management skills, sense of organization and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to negotiate and make sound decisions;
- Ability to read and analyze basic information as well as financial information;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge of JD Edwards E1- Oracle an asset, but not required;
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrated organizational ability and follow-through;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Fluently bilingual.
What you will get from working at JAM:
- Group insurance (medical, dental, life and LTD);
- A complete Employee Assistance Program;
- Beautiful and current office spaces;
- A subsidized on-site cafeteria;
- Generous employee discounts on all products we distribute;
- Other benefits geared towards our number one priority: our employees;
- Most importantly, you will also have the opportunity to work with a highly talented, winning team!
Please note that only candidates qualified for the Assistant Logistics Manager position will be contacted.