Company: Bolloré Logistics Canada Inc.
Position: Air Import Agent
Location: Richmond, BC
Bolloré Logistics Canada Inc. is an international freight forwarding and logistics company established in Canada since 1976. With its head office in Montreal and offices in Quebec City, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary, Bolloré specializes in the worldwide transportation and handling of cargo, turn-key projects, as well as of Canadian and foreign goods and equipment on a door-to-door basis for both exports and imports shipped by air, ocean, and land.
Our expertise is based on a team of highly qualified and experienced personnel. Our staff is well versed in the management and coordination of projects requiring the handling and transportation of equipment and materials.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes group insurance and RRSP/DPSP, with a work environment that rewards performance and encourages growth.
We are currently seeking an air import agent for our Richmond office with 3 or more years experience in air import.
The air import agent will be responsible to coordinate the shipments of clients by offering a courteous customer experience while maintaining a competitive cost structure for both Bollore Logistics and our clients.
- Receive orders from clients and analyze their needs.
- Coordinate and book air cargo space, receive bills of lading and follow up with Bolloré Group network to ensure that freight is shipped on the planned date.
- Open files for shipment and enter data in the operational system according to the ISO standards of the company.
- Organize the pick-up and delivery of freight according to booking.
- Prepare and transmit arrival notices and appropriate documents with proof of insurance to clients and customs brokers within specified deadline.
- Transmit a written notice to suppliers with the details of the shipment including rates.
- Invoice clients, ensuring that all charges for services rendered are included and all costs are applied according to the agreement (if necessary, verify client’s credit with the Accounting Department)
- Establish notice periods and follow up on claims.
- Issue non-conformity notices and customer complaints in accordance with ISO procedures.
- All other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 or more years of air import experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Fluent in English, both written and oral;
- Ability to communicate clearly;
- Ability to manage stress, prioritize and pay attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Customer service skills, team player, time management, problem-solving.
Successful candidates at Bolloré Logistics Canada Inc. must undergo a criminal background check. All offers of employment are contingent upon receiving a clear background check with results consistent with Bolloré’s employment policies.
Bolloré thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.