Position: Air Export Customer Service Agent
Location: Orlando, FL
Description: The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions.
The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Air Export Customer Service Agent to serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing staff, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Receive and validate customer order
- Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
- Communicate with and ensure release of freight from air carriers
- Notify customer/broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
- Reserve HAWB number
- Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
- Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Serve as a liasion between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
- Provide accurate job costing forecast
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations
- Other duties as requested
Decision Making Authority:
- Shipment routing/release with carriers
- Require documents to support export of freight
- Exception handling by consulting with supervisor
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry (Air Import/Export)
- Knowledge of all Panalpina products
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of Panalpia strategy, structure and pricing
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
- Team player
- Proficient in Panalpina forwarding and MS Office applications