Export Development Canada (EDC)
Account Manager/Senior Account Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business – Toronto Office) – Requisition ID 00014E
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC’s knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager (AM) or Senior Account Manager (SAM) for the Toronto office. Reporting to the District Manager, the AM or SAM is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of medium-large size customers and prospects in the Toronto area. This will be achieved by identifying and qualifying potential EDC clients by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer. You will raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the territory through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other influencers.
- Responsible for networking with clients and prospects and maintaining regular contact
- Develop strategies to retain current customers, identifying type of relationship e.g. expand, maintain, limit and potential risk of flight
- Develop proposals and presentations to create and identify business opportunities with clients/prospects in assigned portfolio
- Establish new customer relationships in the Toronto area through proactive business development efforts
- Provide feedback and ideas for the development of new services/products customized to clients’ needs by providing timely market intelligence to the underwriting community and Centers of Expertise
- Share information with sector Business Development teams and underwriter communities and the Centers of Expertise to help them anticipate new needs/market trends and remain aware of client issues
- Develop solutions for clients and raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the local market
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to develop and use distribution channels and networks
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience dealing with external organizations and associations such as medium and large Canadian exporters and investors, national and local industry/trade associations, local banks and brokers, and provincial trade departments and organizations
- CITP designation (Certified International Trade Professional)
- Bilingual in both official languages (English & French)
- $69,900 – $118,600 + performance based incentive and allowances