Company: Export Development Canada (EDC)
Position: Account Manager, Level 2
Location: Montreal, QC
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager for the Ville St-Laurent office. Reporting to the District Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of medium-large size customers and prospects on the West Island of Montreal .
This will be achieved by identifying and qualifying potential prospective EDC clients, by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer.
The Account Manager will raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the territory through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other influencers. Local banking relationships will be maintained in the context of Canadian financial intermediaries banking strategies, working closely with the Relationship Manager assigned for the territory.
The CITP®|FIBP® designation is considered an asset for those applying for this position.
- Network with clients and prospects and maintain regular contact to promote cross-selling opportunities
- Develop strategies to retain current customers, identifying type of relationship e.g. expand, maintain, limit and potential risk of flight
- Develop proposals and presentations to create and identify business opportunities with clients/prospects in assigned portfolio
- Provide feedback and ideas for the development of new services/products customized to clients’ needs by providing timely market intelligence to the underwriting community and Centers of Excellence.
- Share information with sector Business Development, underwriters and the Centers of Excellence to help them anticipate new needs/market trends and remain aware of client issues
- Develop solutions for clients and raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the local market
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience within the financial services and business development sector, in commercial banking
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Solid knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- Fully bilingual in both official languages (English & French)
- Ability to develop and use business relations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience dealing with external organizations and associations such as local banks and brokers, and other financial intermediaries
- Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation
- MBA, accounting designation
- $69,900 – $94,500 + performance based incentive
Application deadline: February 19, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers