Company: Export Development Canada (EDC)
Position: Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business (12 month contract with the possibility of permanency)
Location: Quebec City, QC
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC’s knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager for the Ottawa or Québec City office.
Reporting to the District Manager, Québec City, the Account Manager is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of small/medium-sized (SME) customers and prospects within the Eastern Québec region.
This will be achieved by responding to client needs by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer.
You will raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the territory through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other business partners.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada and abroad with small, mid-sized and large enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors
- Locates, evaluates and recruits potential customers, buyers and qualified leads to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline
- Develops second-tier prospects for both national and international business development
Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients’ needs
- Promotes and sells a portfolio of products, services and/or solutions to current and new end customers
- Identifies, develops and typically closes new business development opportunities
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned customers and partners within a geographic or industry focus
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations in Canada and abroad
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range products
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts, and develops of account plans for small -medium sized businesses
- Monitors the progression of leads and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage of the designated territory, integrated with appropriate sector and country strategies, focusing on the medium/large market segment
- Identifies initiatives for senior account managers and advisors in the process of developing overall regional or sectoral strategies
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 1 year (Business Development, level 1) or 2-3 years (Business Development, level 2) of business development experience in international business and/or financial services, or related experience
- Basic knowledge of best practices in sales and/or account management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Business development experience in commercial banking / insurance
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- Business Development 1: $52,000 – $79,000
- Business Development 2: $73,000 – $109,000
**Please note that we will consider candidates at the Business Development, level 1 and at the Business Development, level 2, depending on the incumbent’s qualifications**
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 22, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.