Company: Export Development Canada (EDC)
Position: Account Manager – Commercial Markets
Location: Drummondville, QC
Description: The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager for the Drummondville office.
Reporting to the District Manager for the South Shore, the Account Manager is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of small and medium-sized customers and prospects in the Drummondville, Sherbrooke and Granby regions.
This will be achieved by identifying and qualifying potential EDC clients by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and by coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customer.
You will raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the territory through regular contacts with financial intermediaries and other influencers. Local banking relationships will be maintained in the context of Canadian financial intermediaries banking strategies.
- Responsible for networking with clients and prospects and maintaining regular contact to promote cross-selling opportunities
- Develop strategies to retain current customers, identifying type of relationship e.g. expand, maintain, limit and potential risk of flight
- Develop proposals and presentations to create and identify business opportunities with clients/prospects in assigned portfolio
- Provide feedback and ideas for the development of new services/products customized to clients’ needs by providing timely market intelligence to the underwriting community and Centers of Expertise (“COEs”)
- Share information with sector Business Development (“BD”) and underwriter communities and the COEs to help them anticipate new needs/market trends and remain aware of client issues
- Develop solutions for clients and raise awareness of EDC’s capabilities in the local market
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of demonstrated work experience within the financial services and business development in commercial banking
- Knowledge of credit practices and bank financing
- Solid knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Skills & Competencies
- Strong ability to maintain and develop business relationships
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience dealing with external organizations and associations such as local banks and brokers, and other financial intermediaries
- CITP designation (stands for Certified International Trade Professional)