Company: BDP International
Position: On-site International Logistics Specialist
Location: Wilmington, DE
BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.1 billion USD. Founded in 1966 by Richard Bolte Sr. and based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, BDP has grown to be one of the largest logistics providers in the world. BDP employs more than 4,000 people worldwide, and operates freight logistics centers in 270 cities across the world through a global network of wholly owned offices, joint ventures and affiliates in 135 countries. The company serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Clients include Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Heineken USA, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Revlon, Trek Bicycle, Wacker, and others.
Under a contractual agreement with a client, BDP is required to supply an on-site resource to assist with marine procurement activities. The BDP resource will report to and remain under the active supervision of BDP Management, but the resource will receive functional guidance directly from the management team of the client. The resource will liaise with the customers ocean team, ocean carriers, business unit representatives, other freight forwarders, customs house brokers on export and import operations.
The activities of this role shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and maintain rates and routes.
- Interact with ocean carriers regarding service performance management programs.
- Assist in the implementation of Marine Procurement, Global Strategies, bids and Market Survey analysis.
- Assist in investigating export and import operational issues.
- Provide assistance as required to implement systems and systems upgrades.
- Interact with ocean carriers, business unit representatives and freight forwarders to assist with implementation of distribution arrangements.
- Develop necessary reports and studies as requested by procurement managers and/or business unit representatives.
- Assist in developing contingency plans for strikes / natural disasters / port congestion / and other situations which may delay movement of materials and distribute globally as per the direction of the client.
- Assist in achieving cost savings initiatives
- Oversight responsibility to ensure client’s accounts receivable statements are consistent with agreed carrier credit terms.
- The BDP resource must possess good computer and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Resources are expected to have a working knowledge of the transportation industry, payment terms, freight terms and a knowledge of the BDP / client/ export / import process.
- Responsible for creation and review of monthly dashboard and industry update presentation deck with ocean team.
- Responsible for documenting (when applicable) processes and procedures for sharing through BDP, ocean carriers, the client, etc.
- Drive standardized formats for metrics/carrier scorecards and influence creation of a global performance view of carrier performance.
- Participation or lead miscellaneous project teams as instructed.
- Posting to centralized knowledge station – routing guides, Monthly North America operations presentation deck, carrier scorecards
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate must have at least three (3) tofour (4) years of operational experience. Understanding of supply chain and logistics is a plus.
- APICS CSCP Certification is a plus.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced office.
- Good communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Candidate must possess a strong team work attitude.
- Leadership experience is a strongly desired.
- Candidate must be PC literate with MS Office.