Organization: Adept Technology, Inc.
Position: Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain
Location: San Ramon, CA
Description: Adept Technology, Inc. is a global, leading provider of intelligent vision-guided robotics systems and services.
Adept systems provide unmatched performance and economic value throughout the production lifecycle, enabling customers to achieve precision, quality and productivity in their assembly, handling and packaging processes. Adept is currently seeking a Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain to join the Operations team in Pleasanton, CA.
The Manager is responsible for a $30-40M annual spend rate.
- Support and refine the SCM vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- Secure buy-in from the senior leadership team and translate this plan into actionable activity with key milestones.
- Effectively interface with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing.
- Collaborate across the Adept organization to ensure business objectives are met.
- Proactively and clearly communicate potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business.
- Lead the full implementation of Adept’s Supplier Performance Management program including KPI’s to realize a step change in supplier performance.
- Drive improvement in effectiveness of the transactional procurement process including necessary controls to insure smooth operation of purchase to pay processes.
- Develop and execute high quality global supply plans that efficiently utilize inventory assets.
- Enable on-time and predictable delivery of materials to all points of consumption; act as a leading team member in the development of component fulfillment strategies throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Develop commodity sourcing strategies and sourcing efficiencies. Resolving supply chain issues by implementing global strategic sourcing, data analytics, logistics, reverse logistics, cost/benefit distribution models, and international trade regulation compliance.
- Developing proposals, pricing models and timelines, and delivering presentations on these findings to senior executives.
Streamlining supply-chain process, reducing cycle time, and eliminating quality issues to enhance product delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop clear program plans and metrics leading the team to work strategically and efficiently. This includes detailed timing plans for consolidated supplier capacity, multi-source vendor qualification, and cost down projections. Facilitate meetings to track progress against plans and resolve issues to keep the program on time.
- Coach and mentor Procurement team.
- Manage and maintain standard in the system and establish a process for effective cost roll on a quarterly basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in buying electrical components, mechanical parts, PCA/PCB, and MRO.
- Must have NPI and Supply Chain Management knowledge and experience, a full understanding of MRP, and have negotiating skill.
- 5 -10 years in a management role and 10 years hands on experience working on ERP.
- Desirable: SAP by Design MRP Experience. Experience in implementation of ERP system (ORACLE, SAP) preferred.
- Experience with outsourcing to the Pacific Rim is required
- Technical Skills: Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred. NAPM/ISM CPM certification preferred.
- Experience negotiating terms with internal and external business partners.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners, suppliers, and regional teams at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into actions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment and deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and benefitsImmediate 401k match and 100% vestingBlue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits
- Matching Gift Program and Paid Community Leave Sick, Vacation and Holiday
- Discounts on things such as California Attractions, Movie Tickets and Family Cell Phone Plans State of the Art new building Gym Subsidy
- Community Activities with local non-profit organizations Wellness Activities On Site Health Clinics Jeans on Fridays
Job Type: Full-time