Company: PPG Industries
Position: International Logistics Coordinator
Location: Sylmar, CA
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.
PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world.
PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com
Primarily responsible for International shipment:
- Review all international shipments in the Export Document Management System.
- Approve and validate the Customer required documentation that is been obtained the Customer Service department (e.g. End-use statements, Customer Activity Statements, Routed Letters of Assurance, etc.).
- Obtain booking information from freight forwarders as required for international shipments.
- Responsible for creating Shipper’s Letter of Instructions (SLI) and Commercial Invoice (CI) for international shipments.
- Responsible for determine of an Automated Export System (AES) exemption applies to shipments. If AES is required, responsibilities are as follows:
1. Express Courier Transactions – filing the AES using AES Direct for express courier’s shipments.
a. Authorization to file AES requires training and certification.
b. Compliance with monthly reporting of ITNs to Corporate Compliance.
2. All Other Transactions – coordinating with PPG’s designated freight forwarder to obtain the AES filing and reviewing prior to releasing shipments.
- Responsible for obtaining all export related documents for recordkeeping and ensuring compliance of the documents with the Retention Policy.
- Ensuring compliance with document storage requirements either electronic or physical storage.
- Manage freight forwarder communications and resolving systemic issues with PPG’s freight forwarders
- Manage communications with Customer Service, Shipping and Export Compliance Coordinators regarding shipment issues or concerns.
- Escalating and reporting any issues that could result in violations.
Post Shipment Reviews
- Ensuring compliance with the Post Shipment Review (PSR) Guidance.
- Compliance with all PSR reporting requirements by the designated deadlines.
- Provide support to the Global ECO and ECC for all corporate audit reviews.
- Ensure compliance with all corrective actions resulting from corporate audits.
- Required to attend annual training.
- Provide General Awareness Training and Functional Training as required by ECC.
- Manage Projects as assigned by the Global ECO or ECC
- Perform other department related duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of U.S. export laws as defined in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Federal Trade Regulations and Export Administration Regulation.
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and good customer orientation skills.
- Creative analytical/investigative skills
- 1-2 years of experience in the transportation or import/export documentation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office (including Excel and Outlook)
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with the Automated Export System (AES) is preferred but not required.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Success Factors – Prime Success Factors: focus on results, drive change, promote teamwork, build trust & respect, problem solving, attention to detail, and credibility.
Contact with Others: The ILC will work with ECC, Global ECO, shipping personnel, freight forwarders and Customer Service Representatives.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.