Company: EXPORT DEVELOPMENT CANADA (EDC)
Position: Senior Associate, Advisory Services and Mentoring
Location: Ottawa, ON
$69,900 – $94,500 a year
Export Development Canada (EDC) provides financing and insurance to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC helps 8,400Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwideeach year.
EDCis financially self-sustaining and is a recognized leader in financial reporting, economic analysis and human resource management. We offer the largest pool of trade financespecialists in Canada.
The purpose of the Advisory Services and Mentoring team is to provide exporters and partners with international trade knowledge, networks, and EDC expertise. The primary role of the Senior Associate is to provide international trade expertise to exporters (clients and prospects).
The individual will be sharing EDC’s trade/market knowledge and extensive network with prospective business customers to help them achieve their international business goals.
The person is responsible for building and maintaining the database of knowledge and expertise in the field of international trade. The individual will leverage EDC internal experts and content for the benefit of the Canadian export community.
The Senior Associate role is market-facing in that the execution of the assigned initiatives requires the incumbent to interact with internal and external parties, including customers and key relationships, in a largely independent manner with limited supervision on a day-to-day basis.
This role reports to the Director, Advisory Services and Mentoring.
- Consistently and independently deliver Trade Advisory Service Requests by providing relevant information, while improving customer value; and highlighting EDC’s value proposition.
- Displays strong business expertise by providing accurate and relevant trade information to prospective customer, responding client requests directly or preparing the correspondence for the Customer Facing Roles to be passed on to the customer.
- Conducts interviews and discussions to gain an understanding of the context of the enquiry and to assess the clients’ needs and relevancy to their business.
- Enters company, contacts, inquiries, leads in the C3 database and route sales-ready leads to the Commercial Markets – Small Business or Sales Enablement;
- Builds a network of external contacts and works closely with customer facing roles to raise awareness of EDC’s trade expertise;
- Serves as a key resource on Trade information for customer facing roles, and research for relevant external content that is complementary to EDC knowledge assets.
- Proactively identifies, develops and leverages Canadian export ecosystem to find relevant source of information from external partners and trade information sources and business topics
- Provides topics and coordinates with internal experts to build and update content material based on market intelligence of customers, prospects and partner’s needs.
- Manages and responds to more complex inbound trade-related inquiries (via various marketing and sales channels including phone, email, web, chat, social media-based channels, events and on occasion face-to-face) received from prospective clients;
- Bachelor Degree in Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of financial services and business development experience in a customer facing-role
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of change leadership research and behaviors
- Strong knowledge of change management methodology
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including making presentations
- Excellent organizational, consulting, customer service, and facilitation skills at all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and influencing skills
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and to work within a team
- Excellent project management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong creativity and ability to work in an abstract or conceptual mode
- Ability to quickly understand and gauge corporate climate and culture
- SME trade advisory counseling experience
- Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) Designation
- Interested candidates are encouraged to go through the application process onwww.edc.ca/careers on or before January 15, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only the candidatesselected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise us if you require special accommodation foryour interview.
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications fromwomen, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.