Position: Demand & Supply Planning Manager
Location: Inglewood, CA
Sugarfina is more than just a job, it’s a stepping stone in your career. We pride ourselves on creating a happy, fast-moving environment where every team member plays an important role in the company’s growth.
We have a small-company feel, but we’re growing rapidly and doing some really cool things. Sugarfina has 7 retail stores in major cities across the country, a successful website, Sugarfina.com, a fast-growing corporate and custom gifting business, and high-profile wholesale partners such as Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue.
And then there’s the candy… gummy bears made with Dom Pérignon Champagne, chocolate covered kumquats from Greece, rainbow-hued Kyoto Blossoms from Japan. More than two-thirds of Sugarfina candies can’t be found anywhere else in the U.S. and are truly a delight to all of your senses.
We believe that people make a company great, and we’re on a mission to build a rock star team of smart, passionate individuals who love working together. A career at Sugarfina is not for everyone – but for an entrepreneurial person who loves to jump in, move fast and work hard, it’s a place to truly shine.
Sugarfina is looking to add a highly-motivated experienced forecasting and planning rock star to our LA-based corporate team. As our Demand Planning Manager, you will work closely with sales, marketing, finance, and operations to create a robust demand forecast and supply plan.
You will be responsible for developing and executing the methodology for our item-level global demand forecast and supply plan.
You will also be responsible for allocating product to our regional distribution centers, setting and maintaining order triggers and preferred stock levels for each location, and optimizing our inventory plan to minimize both holding costs and out-of-stocks.
Develop and maintain an item-level global demand forecast and supply plan for all business channels using historical data, corporate financial goals, and forecasted growth rates.
Reconcile significant variances between expected and actual demand and refine the forecast models to reflect updated assumptions.
Track item-level performance and deliver a monthly inventory aging assessment.
Maintain a clear understanding of marketing and sales promotional calendars and the seasonality of our business to ensure the inventory plan assumptions are adequate to support expected demand.
Analyze sales patterns and perform statistical analysis to develop and maintain SKU-level minimum and preferred stock levels for each of our retail locations and regional distribution centers.
Track and report on supply chain KPIs in an effort to drive towards company goals. Conduct deeper analysis where necessary and develop creative recommendations for how to improve performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
We have a very sweet team, and we are looking for a talented, motivated, and energetic person to join us and grow with the company. Basic requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a similar related field.
- 3+ years of experience in demand planning, purchasing, supply chain management, business intelligence, or a related field; CPG experience a plus.
- Excel wizardry – ideal candidate brings Excel proficiency and the understanding that there is always more to learn. Critical internal models and spreadsheets must be robust, stable, and able to scale with our growth.
- The ability to work with large data sets, synthesize findings, and communicate recommendations in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Outstanding organization – this position will require balancing numerous deadlines and critical deliverables.
- Highly professional communication – you will be interacting with almost every department across the company.
- Experience with ERP systems; experience with NetSuite a plus, but not required.
- High energy personality – we are a fast-paced team who thrives on constant activity and strong results.
- Self-starter – the ideal candidate will take initiative, be proactive, and drive toward goals with minimal oversight.
- Attention to detail – balanced with swift execution. Getting things done efficiently and accurately is an absolute must.
- Team player – this is a supportive team environment where everyone is expected to pitch-in and work together to tackle problems and move forward.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, when necessary, to meet the needs of the business.
Perks and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation
- Product discounts, a fun work environment, and a happy and friendly team…plus lots of delicious gourmet candy!