Position: Video Global Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Responsible for Global Video logistics operations, trade compliance, freight cost management, carrier performance management, and 3PL services.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for Global Video logistics operations, trade compliance, freight cost management, carrier performance management, and 3PL services.
- Be responsible for communications related to logistics & trade compliance policies, performance metrics, program updates, and on-going program information.
- Be responsible for managing all domestic and international freight carriers, inbound and outbound while minimizing freight costs as well as increasing service.
- Consult with Business Operation, manufacturing, and distribution to support and continuously improve the customer’s logistics requirements.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure inbound from suppliers and intercompany freight is managed to optimize spend and service.
- Manage and mentor a team of Regional Logistics Managers to ensure cost effective on-time customer delivery.
- Monitor and ensure delivery of all purchase orders, sales orders, including all documentation, system updates, and internal and external communication.
- Manage requirements to support freight forwarders and collect shipments.
- Make and record determination of Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications and Export Control Classification Numbers updating related databases and data elements in ERP systems (HTS, COO, and ECCN among others).
- Collaborate with business partners to understand, improve, and define solutions related to export controls and compliance
- Monitor and review export/import regulations on a regular basis to ensure compliance within the global market space.
- Complete freight and logistics costing analysis, reporting and RFP/Bid processes to understand and manage freight costs.
- Provide subject matter expertise to teams exploring new international opportunities and projects
- Manager freight tables, weights, dimension, and other shipping related ERP settings to ensure accurate shipping procedures.
- Review and approve freight and 3PL services costs and invoices.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in logistics management, import, export and Global Trade
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment with a daily sense of urgency. Taking initiative to solve problems and deliver results
- Detail oriented with a willingness to adapt and be flexible in a growing company
- Analytical/analysis skills
- Ability to resolve issues between internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to act decisively to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities along with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience with SAP ERP systems preferred
- Degree or College Diploma within International Business or related field or a College Diploma or and equivalent business experience.
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) or similar Designation or working towards preferred.
- Business degree and ISM or CPSM or CCLP or APICS (CLTD) designation preferred
- 5 years’ experience in logistics management, import, export and Global Trade
- Degree or College Diploma within International Business or other related field or a College Diploma or and equivalent business experience.
Referral Payment Plan
To apply for this job please visit motorolasolutions.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.