Position: Trade Operations Lead
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Descriptions & Requirements
About this team:
The Global Trade Compliance team is an integral part of lululemon’s supply chain and is responsible for supporting import/export operations throughout our global network. The team contributes to lululemon’s success by ensuring efficient and on-time customs clearance of lululemon products, while leveraging duty optimization strategies and ensuring compliance with international trade laws and regulations. The Trade and Compliance Lead will collaborate with team members and partners to drive trade compliance through process changes, leveraging technology and rectifying process gaps to maximize global import efficiency.
A day in the life
- Support the day-to-day operation with complicated inquiries and help to prioritize workload
- Ensure all processes (SOP’s, desk instructions, etc…) are documented, updated, and communicated properly
- Lead or engage in weekly team, internal department, and Broker meetings
- Support the Operations Manager in process improvements or initiatives
- Always ensure compliance by referencing government regulations, internal policies, Broker policies, etc…
- Audit monthly duty spend and ensure support is provided to accounting
- Provide input and potential resolution to the Inbound Logistics team and Logistics Service Provider when a shipment(s) has arrived and is unable to clear Customs/CBSA
- US Customs Brokerage License, preferred
- 3 – 6 years min. of related experience in import operations
- Technical expertise in import compliance
- Knowledge of air, ocean, and truck transport
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to comprehend effectively and communicate clearly
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
lululemon is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you would like someone from our team to contact you for individualized support, email us at email@example.com. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your request.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lululemon.com.