Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
Position: Trade Compliance Specialist
Company: Teledyne Technologies
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
Job type: Full-time, hybrid
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Trade Compliance Specialist will assist in the implementation of the Global Trade Compliance requirements and be a subject matter expert contact to support the site functional areas (e.g. contracts, quality, supply chain, engineering, human resources, shipping and customs) at assigned Teledyne businesses in Canada. The successful candidate will have demonstrated an understanding of all aspects of Canadian import and export regulations, experience working with U.S. Defense companies and prior experience working on GTC initiatives. Hands on operating proficiency with the ITAR, EAR, Wassenaar, Canadian Controlled Goods Program, Customs Border Services Agency and other dual use and military control regimes required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with GTC colleagues and Corporate International Trade Compliance (CITC) office to implement policy and procedure at Teledyne sites in Canada; tailor the implementation of those procedures as is appropriate for Canadian Export Law and Regulation.
- Prepare and submit export permit applications, re-export authorizations and other requests for approval to the appropriate Government Agencies.
- Ensure that the Teledyne products are classified properly for export purposes.
- Manage export permits and other export authorizations to ensure compliance with the conditions, reporting requirements and record keeping of exports and technical data transfers.
- Perform Third Party screening and other means of due diligence as required.
- Provide export training for those functions involved in export activities, and for new employees.
- Perform accurate record-keeping of all export and import documentation in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Experience and working knowledge of Canadian export laws and regulations, including the Canada Export and Import Permits Act, and Canada Controlled Goods Regulations.
- Good knowledge and application of Canadian Customs Regulations.
- Experience in drafting and submission of Canadian export permit applications through Global Affairs Canada online system (i.e. NEXCOL).
- Experience performing and reviewing Canadian jurisdiction and classification determinations for export purposes.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with SAP ERP System, MS office (Word, Excel, Access Database, Outlook, etc.).
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with deadlines.
- Written and oral communication in both the French and English.
- Strong time management, organization, and program management skills.
- Eligible for security clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
- This position is hybrid i.e. working 3 days/week on site and 2 days/week remotely.
- Absolute commitment to performing job in compliance with the highest ethical standards
Eligible to be certified to examine, possess, and transfer items under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and legally authorized to work in Canada
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit flir.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.