Position: TDS Operations Analyst
Company: TD Bank
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
TD Securities Fixed Income Operations has an exciting opportunity where Innovation is more than a buzzword, where Talent Development is foundational and where a Culture of diversity, individuality and engagement is of primary focus. The opportunity is in the form of TDS Operations Analyst, Fixed Income Collateral settlement. Below are Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Requirements.
- Contribute to an environment of innovation that leads to working smarter and simpler
- Develop a mindset of critical thinking, risk management and understanding the needs of TDS’s clients and internal business partners
- Embrace diversity, respect one another and contribute to an environment where team members look forward to coming to work each day
- Recognize team members as more than just a fellow staff member, appreciate their individuality as a person
- The position is responsible for a variety of key operational processes in Collateral settlement in support of Fixed Income trading activities at TD Securities. As a Lead Operations Officer, you will participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Develop understanding of the Fixed Income Domestic and international market
- Settlement of FI securities trades at CDS
- Processing cash Principal and Interest Settlement in Loan IQ application for CSA agreements
- Cash settlement using SWIFT message (MT202, MT103) for Variation and Initial Margins governed by CSAs and Repo Margins governed by GMRA
- Processing Coupons and Corporate Actions both mandatory and voluntary
- Managing and resolving exceptions:
- Arising from trade discrepancies on Front-Office to Back-office, Regulatory and Custodial reconciliations
- Resulting from feed issues that create exceptions on the system task station
- Resulting from discrepancies listed on Trade versus Transfer reports
- Depository and cash breaks
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
- Execute on ad-hoc non-routine requests
- Assist in analysis, development, testing and implementation of operating and process improvements
- Initiate and/or participate in projects –identify test cases, communicate project status and execution of test cases to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure written procedures of new/current process are captured and updated routinely.
- Ensure all escalation policies are observed under the TD policy
- Provide a high level of service in assisting process partners to identify, locate and resolve differences.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Fixed Income
- Sound knowledge of transaction lifecycle for Fixed Income products – Repo, Security Lending
- Ability to manage the below responsibilities through the following using exceptional organizational, time management, interpersonal and analytical skills:
- Reconciliation of internal accounts and depository balances
- A combination of manual and automated processes
- Decisions or interpretations on processes or transactions within defined boundaries
- Execution of routine and ad-hoc requests
- Sound knowledge of Canadian and US fixed income settlements
- Settlements and payments experience
- Advance knowledge of MS suite of software applications and VBA
- Ability to manage responsibilities through exceptional organizational, time management, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Decisions or interpretations on processes or transactions within defined boundaries to meet SLAs
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.