Position: Supply Chain Specialist (Hybrid Opportunity)
Company: Irving Oil
Location: St John, NB, Canada
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
At Irving Oil our customers matter and we want to ensure they have the product they need when they need it. As a Supply Chain Specialist on our Products and Terminals supply team, you will be part of a Centre of Excellence to drive best-in-class supply and customer service while coordinating the supply plan for our terminals.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity – flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Manage product demand by completing daily inventory updates, timely resupply plans, update inventory rundown with forecasted sales and lifting schedule for resupply.
- Work with various stakeholders to maximize supply chain value and storage utilization to prevent supply disruption in period of sales variances.
- Coordinate supply plan for terminals with Traders and Marine Schedulers.
Work with the demand planning specialist assessed plan vs. actual plan. Adjust as needed with a focus on minimizing costs.
- Keep both internal and external stakeholders informed of any plan adjustments.
- Communicate demand nominations to counter-parties and accept demand nominations accordingly (annual and/or monthly).
- Lead daily communication calls with Sales to review plans, assess any supply disruptions, and provide direction on mitigation plans as applicable.
- Communicate effectively with sales organizations and customers to understand customer requirements and how these requirements affect the Demand Plan.
- Attend weekly refinery meeting and bi-monthly planning meetings.
- Lead calls with teams when any product concerns surface, e.g. an off-spec product.
- Drive continuous improvement of demand accuracy by effectively analyzing data; conduct root cause analyses. Complete detailed analyses of customer lifting trends.
- Anticipate demand variances and recommend appropriate action plans to minimize the impact of such variances on the supply chain.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Teams to resolve gaps between Demand Plan and Actual Demand.
- Demonstrated understanding of the sales environment, channels of trade, our products, and supply locations.
- Able to quickly grasp the impact of rapid market changes.
- Good understanding of capacity planning and inventory management.
- Very strong customer service focus with high ownership of your responsibilities and commitments to stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills and leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills to complete detailed demand data and statistical analyses, demand forecasting, short and long-term trending, as well as seasonal and historical trending.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to consider multiple impacts, both short and long-term.
- Able to make decisions and effectively balance competing priorities.
- Able to influence, lead change, and remain composed in a fast-paced and time-sensitive working environment
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business, finance, economics, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in an Analyst / Coordinator role.
- Experience in supply chain and demand planning management a definite asset.
- Proficient with MS Office. Must be able to use features in Excel such as advanced pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, IF functions, etc.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Saint John, NB
To apply for this job please visit irvingoil.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.