Other locations: Primary Location Only
Date: Apr 29, 2023
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Compliance IQ is the modern approach for organizations to digitize their commercial compliance. By enhancing and accelerating vendor compliance with technology, industries can continue their shift towards the digital future.
The strength of building a Compliance IQ incorporates all forms of data in a variety of ways to draw conclusions and understand substantial data trends. From card badge systems to drone and satellite tracking, the program can be easily adapted to whatever data is available and scaled to incorporate more information as it becomes available.
To strengthen our Compliance IQ focus, we currently have a career opportunity for a Consultant to join our Supply Chain Consulting team. We are seeking a true team player with a strong work ethic, experience with data analytical tools and established consulting skillset or a demonstrable ambition to develop these. This individual will focus on assisting clients in areas such as historical and real-time vendor audits, on-site contract management, project cost, schedule and risk management services, among other areas required to meet operational goals. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, we’ll help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment, providing strategic advice in the areas of operations, fixed- and mobile-maintenance and the overall value chain, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for.
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrate an understanding of contractual and construction concepts
- Participate in contract compliance assessments, cost recovery / cost controls analysis, vendor assessments/audits, project management engagements, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Supply Chain / Procurement Processes
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management principles
- Develop complex spreadsheets
- Leveraged data analytics, data visualization, robotics, and other innovative tools to drive value for our clients
- Create work products such as detailed analyses and engagement documentation.
- Stay informed of emerging technical issues and relevant business and economic developments.
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs.
- Work closely with supervisors to deliver high-quality client service
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Commit to developing knowledge. Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Respect/protect client information.
- Understand E&Y’s service lines and actively assess/present ways they can serve and bring value to clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Be dedicated to teamwork and leadership by fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills in alignment with your personal career goals.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, increase projects performance metrics and enhance service delivery.
- Strong research, analytical, and business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Lotus Notes / Outlook
- Strong proficiency with data analytical/visualization software (e.g., Alteryx, PowerBI etc.) would be a plus
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic within a professional environment.
- Demonstrate expertise in processes and principles relating to project management, project delivery, contracts, and risk management.
- Stay informed of new economic/geopolitical developments and their impact on your clients and the industry.
- Respect/protect client information.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Construction Management, Supply Chain, Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience would be preferred.
- Previous consulting, construction, supply chain or oil and gas experience and/or internal audit would be considered a strong asset.
- Completion of, or actively working to obtain, one of the following certifications is desired (CPA/CA, CBCP, CFA, CGA, CGEIT, CIA, CISA, CISM, CIPP, CISSP, CITP, CMA, CMC, CPCU, CRISC, PMP, or P. Eng). Non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager.
- Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proven experience in the construction or related industry would be considered a plus.
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.