COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
Job Category: Supply Chain Man
Requisition Number: SHIPP001025
Posted: October 19, 2023
Job type: Full-Time
Location: Calgary, AB T1Y7H9, CAN
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT’s rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking a talented Shipping and Logistics Coordinator to join our Supply Chain team. We are looking for someone with a strong background in logistics management and a keen attention to detail. This role will report to the Global PC&L Manager and will be integral to streamlining our shipping processes and ensuring timely deliveries, aligning with our company’s aspiration to provide exceptional service to our customers.
- Determine requirements to import/export product: identify certifying bodies, determine required inspection certificates, e.g., safety, security, labeling, licensing, language, translation, packaging.
- Determine if product needs to comply with non-preferential or preferential rules of origin: determine requirements of verification/proof of origin, review export regulations of target markets, e.g., protection laws, norms, and certification, review specific import guidelines, meet requirements for certificate if required, review requirements for documentary evidence.
- Interact with Customs officials and provide security trade program credentials if available, e.g., Partners in Protection, Free and Secure Trade Program, Authorized Economic Operator.
- Provide required shipment documentation (bill of lading, import/export declaration, any required certifications or permits).
- Determine reverse logistics, management of the movement involved in the return of products or empty containers from downstream customers to upstream operations for either re-work or re-use in the production of new products. Planning the collection of such products needs to be synchronized with the distribution and transport processes. This includes disposal of products.
- Determine potential shipping options (loading and sharing container capacity, conventional, containerized).
- Calculate shipping preparation and export cost: identify and confirm Harmonized System Classification, determine cost of freight, determine cost of insurance if applicable, determine export documentation costs (customs and brokerage), determine applicable Incoterms costs.
- Calculate duties and local taxes owing (value-added tax, cargo insurance)
- Identify documents required for product or services to cross border(s)
- Ensure documents comply and aligned with international standards, including correct measurements in required measurement system.
- Ensure supplier provides inspection and quality certificates; and Certificate of Origin, if required
- Ensure supplier provides the correct documents to financial institution for trade transaction to take place in accordance with agreed-upon Incoterms.
- Provide appropriate information to licensed custom broker, freight forwarder, if applicable.
- Keep up to date with changes to international trade processes and reporting requirements.
- Explain the Incoterms program and how the selection of an Incoterm will affect the import/export process and requirements.
- Understand the importance of correct packaging for each mode of transport and the specific commodities being shipped along with the international standards for packaging materials.
- Provide visibility to all stakeholders for cargo during delivery for a specific segment of business.
- Implement process of collecting and processing Proof of Delivery documents for a specific segment of business.
- Keep up to date on status of labour contracts and negotiations at transportation hubs and carriers relevant to CoolIT’s supply chain.
- Understand how to apply technology tools (enterprise resource planning systems, Microsoft Excel, etc.) to increase category and business intelligence.
- Communicate potential risks and their mitigation strategies to stakeholders, ensuring they are aware of their accountability for individual risks, contribute to continuous improvement of the risk management process, understand that risk awareness and management are a key part of the organization’s culture, report any signs of risk to senior management.
- Take a proactive approach to the identification of potential issues before they arise.
- Driving continuous improvement within your department.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
Who you are:
- Minimum High School Education
- A minimum of five (5) years of worldwide logistics experience.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Post secondary education in Business Operations, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management.
- Preferably, experience in the high-tech industry.
- Communication, and interpersonal skills to work in a high performance, team environment.
- Intermediate to Advance Level competency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and oral forms.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with passion and commitment.
- Motivated, self-managed and able to operate within a framework of objectives.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP System) would be an asset.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program. We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.