Lactalis Canada Inc
Position: Sales and Forecasting Analyst
Company: Lactalis Canada Inc
Location: Etobicoke, ON, Canada
Job type: Full-time, hybrid
We are proud to say we are one of Forbes 2022 Canada’s Best Employers; here’s why!
Lactalis Canada is enriching and nurturing the lives of Canadians with a diverse offering of dairy products such as Black Diamond Cheese, Lactantia Milk, Astro Yogurt, Balderson Cheese, and Cheestrings; our products are in 95% of Canadian homes! For over 140 years we’ve grown through innovation and a strong dedication to quality, and we’re looking for like minded individuals to keep that growth progressing by joining our team!
We offer a hybrid working model to accommodate the evolving needs of our employees, allowing for flexible work-weeks with 40% work-from-home. Our office has a collaborative, newly renovated workspace with a number of amazing benefits; free parking, free coffee, free yummy Lactalis snacks, a free on-site gym and other great perks to provide the best possible environment for success!
About the opportunity:
The Sales & Forecasting Analyst is responsible for sales analysis and reporting, forecasting and trade support to the Customer Sales team. The Sales & Forecasting Analyst, the analyze historic sales to optimize future business plans with the goal to optimize revenue and profitability. The hybrid position focuses on sales forecasting, analytics and insights, and data integrity. They will be an integral part of the team and will be recommending system and process improvements to deliver efficiency and better outcomes.
The attributes we are looking for:
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, category performance and business model.
- Become an expert in specific systems and processes such as SAP TPM and BW.
- Develop, input and monitor sales forecasts from several data sources such as BW, Nielsen, and customer replenishment/POS data.
- Conduct post-analysis of forecasted activity, provide feedback, and improve future execution. Provide Customer Sales with the revised outlook, identifying potential risks and opportunities for consideration.
- Maintain data integrity of forecasting systems which includes upkeep of listings, promotional activity, SKU proportions, banner proportions, baselines and more.
- Work closely with Sales Process Analysts to ensure pricing and trade spend are maintained on an ongoing basis. Ensure trade spend is reconciled and support Sales Process Analysts in the customer chargeback process.
- Analyze and recommend optimized promotional plans to maximize volume, revenue, and profitability.
- Compile, analyze and provide commentary of weekly/monthly/annual sales data variances (budget and prior year).
- Work closely with the cross functional team members to monitor and adjust weekly sales forecasts to ensure the correct signals are being sent to Operations. This will improve forecast accuracy, maintain high customer fill rates, and improve consumer satisfaction.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and other internal administrative requirements such as new item forms, item maintenance, and customer maintenance as required.
What you will bring:
- University degree or College diploma
- Education in data science, data management, and statistical analysis are an asset
- Experience in quantitative applications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of R and/or Python
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong orientation towards accuracy, quality and focus on details
- Strong team player with track record of collaboration and experience working as part of an agile team
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as PowerBI and Office 365 (advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint)
- Highly resourceful and ability to learn technical software quickly
- Be curious – having a strong desire to explore, learn and improve current processes and technology
What Lactalis will offer:
Lactalis Canada believes in rewarding its people with the following comprehensive benefits package and perks:
- A Competitive Base Salary
- A Performance-Based Bonus System
- 4 Weeks of Vacation
- Benefits starting day 1
- A Pension Program with an Employer Match at 100% of up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement plan of up to $3,000/year
- A Volunteer Day to give back to your community
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A commitment to internal career advancement with potential for international mobility
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/EOE
Bring Your Uniqueness to Grow Our Culture
We believe each and every individual within the organization provides value. When we encourage and include the voices of all diverse backgrounds and perspectives, we open doors to unforeseen growth and allow individuals to bring their full authentic selves to work. In order to celebrate the uniqueness of our people and the communities in which we operate, we are committed to cultivating a fair and inclusive workplace that fosters real belonging for all.
Lactalis is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Please note Lactalis Canada does not request a credit check or conduct other background checks through the LinkedIn application process. If any of the foregoing is required, a Lactalis Canada employee will contact you after a Job Offer has been signed by you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Etobicoke, ON
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.