The CITP designation is listed as an asset for this position.
Posting Date: Aug 31, 2023, 2:44:59 PM
Primary Location: British Columbia-Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Export Development Canada (EDC) is a financial Crown corporation dedicated to helping Canadian businesses make an impact at home and abroad. EDC offers financial products and knowledge to help Canadian businesses confidently enter new markets, reduce financial risk, and grow their business.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian businesses learn the endless possibilities that open to them through export and help bring their vision, passion, and innovation to the world. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 25,000 Canadian businesses and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work amongst the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making an impact every day – for businesses, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Are you ready to make an impact? Join EDC, recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer, as we take on the risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 25,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team and Job Overview
The Commercial Markets Team is looking for a relationship manager or a senior relationship manager to join our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for contributing to the execution of EDC’s 2030 corporate plan. Our goal is to help entrepreneurs grow their exports and thus energize the Canadian economy. With this in mind, you will be responsible for prospecting, growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of medium-sized clients and prospects.
You will achieve this by researching and assessing potential EDC clients, building trust-based relationships with them and determining the best way to impact their companies and markets positively. You will also evaluate cross-selling opportunities for current clients, coordinate EDC resources to offer product solutions and provide predictable customer service. Furthermore, you will promote EDC capabilities in the region through regular communication with financial intermediaries and other influential parties and by leveraging and growing EDC’s network with the goal of identifying potential clients.
You will build connections with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of EDC’s clients.
In addition, we want the selected person to work where they will be the most productive: on the road, in the office, at home. We offer a hybrid way of working.
- Creates and encourages business development opportunities in Canada and abroad for small and medium-sized companies in a variety of industries.
- Plans, manages and structures an effective approach to business development and prospect/client support.
- Identifies potential clients and refines their strategies, needs and challenges, thus creating business development opportunities in Canada and abroad.
- Promotes and sells a suite of products and services to current and new customers. Shares business contacts with sponsors when appropriate to increase their awareness and use of solutions that EDC cannot offer directly.
- Maintains a high level of client satisfaction and a high retention rate.
- Influences the decisions of current and prospective clients by building and maintaining effective long term relationships within a geographic area or industry focus.
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new, value added opportunities and services/products customized to clients’ needs.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations in Canada as appropriate.
- Identifies and qualifies potential clients and promotes the full range of products.
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solutions to these needs.
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts and develops strategies and account plans depending on the geographic area.
- Monitors the progression of designated pipelines and helps facilitate transactions where appropriate.
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate.
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage in designated geographic areas and integrates appropriate sector and country strategies.
- Identifies market trends and intelligence observed in the designated geographic area for the purpose of developing overall regional or sector strategies.
- Serves as the knowledge base and problem solver for the prospect/client; handles client negotiation strategies and manages interactions in a positive and professional manner to the mutual satisfaction and benefit of prospects/clients and EDC.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, finance, commerce or another relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years (relationship manager) or 5 years (senior relationship manager) of recent business development experience and commercial lending experience in international business or banking
- Knowledge of best practices in strategic sales or account management
- An existing established network in the Vancouver region that is relevant to EDC’s mandate
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Business development experience in commercial banking
- Experience in various industries such as technology, services or manufacturing
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA, CFA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from:
- Relationship Manager: $79,424 – $105,899 + performance-based incentive
- Senior Relationship Manager: $90,544 – $120,725 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline on www.edc.ca/careers : Sep 15, 2023, 11:59:00 PM EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation. Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
To apply for this job please visit edc.taleo.net.