Position: Project Logistics Specialist
Company: Orion Group
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
We have a current opportunity for a Project Logistics Specialist on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Surrey.
This position is responsible for the successful execution of Project Logistics strategies on new plant asset projects in Europe, Africa, the Middle East (EMEA). The incumbent is charged with supporting the developing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively advantageous supply agreements. The incumbent interfaces primarily with the Engineering, Procurement and Project Execution teams within, supporting new plant build proposals and projects.
The incumbent will be required to have intimate knowledge of the shipping markets, practices and standards. This position supports supplier/contractor relationship management to ensure alignment with operations and business strategies. This position challenges technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost-effective operations. Strong Project Logistics knowledge, planning and negotiating skills are required.
- Minimum of 10 years of industrial experience, involving international transport, trade and project logistics / project management experience.
- Experience with SAP is advantageous.
- Flexible working and short notice travel ability.
- Strong organizational, team and time management skills.
- Working understanding of Microsoft suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information.
Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, global environment
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.