Steelcon Group of Companies
Position: Procurement Manager
Company: Steelcon Group Companies
Location: Brampton, ON, Canada
Job type: Full-time
Full Job Description:
JOIN A TEAM WITH THE STRENGTH OF STEEL
Steelcon employees design, fabricate and build some of the most iconic steel structures from coast to coast. Whether you’re working at one of our offices, shops or jobsites, at Steelcon you’ll make an impact every day.
As a Procurement Manager at the head office in Brampton, ON, you will be a great asset to our team.
What you’ll love about us:
- Competitive wages
- Annual salary reviews
- Benefits packages
- Paid time off / vacation
- Retirement savings program
- Long-term incentive plan
- Training and development
- Contribution-based advancement opportunities
What we’ll love about you:
- 5 + years of relevant purchasing or supply chain management is an asset
- Post-secondary education in purchasing or supply chain management is an asset
- Inventory control and optimization experience
- Manufacturing and construction industry experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter who approaches their work with a sense of urgency
What you’ll work on:
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for strategic procurement of all materials utilized in the fabrication of structural steel. You will manage price considerations, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when selecting suppliers, leading the negotiation process, and supporting the bidding process to provide the most competitive position for Steelcon.
- Responsible for end-to-end supply chain management
- Oversees and manages the purchasing team, including internal process improvements
- Conduct research and regularly monitor market trends and conditions (e.g., pricing, availability, lead times, capacity, etc.) for goods and services; recommends and executes change.
- Create and implement and inventory management system
- Develop, evaluate and execute risk management strategies.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and trade policy changes and industry dynamics impacting both the supply and demand of required materials and provide guidance to stakeholders
- Negotiate best possible prices, payment terms, quality and service for all materials and subcontract fabrication procured
- Establish appropriate supplier relationships that bring added value and expertise. Including rebates, national prices and preferred pricing.
- Develop international supplier relationships.
Skills and experience in:
Time-management, detail oriented, organizational skills, optimization; financial, decision maker, self-starter, negotiation, bidding process, risk-management, commodity, procurement strategies, construction.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Steelcon group of companies. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Steelcon group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Not the right fit at this time? Let’s keep in touch! Click hereto join our Talent Community and stay connected on social media.
Job Types: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- purchasing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.