Position: Customs Release Agent/Rater
Company: ITA (Italian Trade Agency)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Job type: Full-time
ITA (Italian Trade Agency) is seeking a full-time Marketing Analyst on a permanent basis at its soon to be opened Vancouver office.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Marketing Analyst (MA):
The MA will assist Italian companies interested in entering the Canadian marketplace or strengthening their existing presence.
The position allows the successful candidate to enter a lively and dynamic work environment with ample opportunities to develop a range of professional skills through on-the-job training and work experience.
The duties and responsibilities of the MA, who will work in team with other employees and the Trade Commissioner, all based in different ITA’s offices in Canada and Italy, are as follows:
- Assisting and promoting Italian companies in the Canadian market and, occasionally, assisting Canadian companies that want to do business with Italy through personalised services (information, marketing support and development of business networks or investments)
- Monitoring business opportunities through multi-channel databases and information tools, participation in webinars, conferences and networking events
- Organising promotional activities as planned in the ITA Agency’s work programme or upon request by specific clients, with full or partial responsibility for the various organisational aspects of each project
- Implementing of multi-channel campaigns, including social media
- Carry out office and administrative work, e.g. requests for quotations, contracts, reports
- Maintaining useful contacts with third parties and involved agencies
- Production of marketing content and materials and of project analyses
- Updating databases and websites
- Organising business trips for delegates of Italian companies to Canada, as well as of Canadian business delegates to Italy
- Traveling domestically and internationally, as required, for 1 to 10 working days, each time
- Carrying out other specific tasks related to the position and/or assigned by the Trade Commissioner.
Requirements and skills:
University Degree, Bachelor’s or above, preferably in a relevant discipline, such as Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, Political Science, Law, Engineering. Please note that a College Degree will not qualify.
A minimum of five years of professional experience gained in areas relevant to the position.
Full proficiency in English
Professional working proficiency in Italian
Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Suite, Internet, Mass emailing and marketing via social media
Analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
Interpersonal relations and communication skills
Ability to work in a team and strong sense for priorities
Motivation to improve and develop professional skills
Meticulous work ethic with attention to detail
High sense of responsibility, rigour, reliability and confidentiality
Ability to plan, execute and report on medium-term work programs
Professional appearance and demeanour.
All requirements must be met at the time of application.
Terms and conditions of employment:
The position is open-ended, full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in presence. Those requiring remote working arrangement are kindly asked to refrain from applying to this position. The work location will be ITA’s office in downtown Vancouver.
Candidates must already hold a valid work permit issued by Canadian authorities, i.e. be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada.
Candidates possessing the above mentioned requirements will be convened via e-mail, using the address provided when submitting their application, for a written test at a location in Vancouver and then, at a later date, for an oral test /interview. During the written test, candidates will be asked to use office productivity software to produce or complete documents related to international marketing support activities, normally carried out by the office.
The written test will be marked out of 40 points. A passing score of 24 points is a prerequisite to be admitted to the oral test.
The oral test consists of an interview to determine if the candidate meets the above requirements. This test will be scored out of 60 points.
A contract will be offered to the highest ranking candidate. Candidates who will achieve a total score of 60 points or more will be included in a reserve list which will remain valid for a period of three years.
A selection committee will establish the criteria for awarding points before the tests begin. The members of the selection committee are Marco Saladini, Director of ITA Agency in Canada (Chair), Emanuele Giusti, Senior Trade Analyst and Antonietta Napoli, Junior Accountant (Commissioners).
The ITC reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time and for any reason and not to hire any of the candidates invited to the tests if they are not considered qualified.
The ITC does not reimburse any travel or relocation costs related to this selection process and the subsequent assignment.
Salary and Compensation:
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience and up to a maximum of 5,500 cad per month, with two bonuses, one equal to one month’s salary and the other one based on performance, hence discretionary.
A group health insurance plan is offered.
Training will take place both on the job and through formal courses.
The MA will have 15 days of annual vacation for the first five years, and from the sixth year on, an additional day per year up to a maximum of 25 days per year.
Applicants must collect in an unique single PDF file the following required documents and send it by email via Isarta :
– A signed cover letter explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and how they meet all required qualifications (optional);
– A copy of a valid ID document;
– An up to date resumé
These documents must be received by February 10, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Candidates who pass the written test must submit the following documents.
– Copy of the degree diploma
– Copies of documentation proving
* Canadian citizenship or a valid and open-ended work permit for non-Canadian citizens
* Fiscal residence in Canada
* Clear criminal record certificate issued by the Canadian authorities and/or of the country of citizenship.
If the candidate is not able to provide all the above-mentioned documents, the application will be automatically rejetted.
About the ITC:
The ITC (aka ITA), or Agency for the promotion abroad and the internationalization of Italian companies, is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of Italian companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy.
With a motivated and modern organisation and a widespread network of offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion, and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most advanced multi-channel communication and promotion tools, ITA acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world. In addition to its headquarters in Rome, ITA operates worldwide through a large network of Trade Agencies Offices linked to Italian embassies and consulates, working closely with local authorities and companies. More information is available at www.ice.it.
All ITA staff are bound by the Code of Conduct published in the Amministrazione Trasparente section of the main web portal.
ITA does not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, colour, race, religion, or country of origin in its employment policies, including but not limited to recruitment, training, and promotion. Provided every requirement of education, skill, technical qualifications, and experience is met, the criterion for selection will be the ability to perform the job under the specified conditions of service. All personnel will be given equal opportunity, based on performances and competencies.
Toronto – Vancouver, January 18, 2023
The Italian Trade Commissioner to Canada
To apply for this job please visit jobs.isarta.com.