Position: Market Development Account Manager
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 25,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer. #LI-Hybrid
The Mid-Market Client Sales & Service Team is responsible for contributing to the success of EDC’s 2030 Corporate Plan. The team is looking for a self-motivated, organized, service-oriented Market Development Account Manager. Reporting to the District Manager, your primary responsibility will be developing the lead generation program with Mid-Market segment companies across multiple sectors. This position will utilize an integrated strategy that may include, but not limited to, lead generation by EDC marketing, working with associations and partner lead lists, networking, and grassroots marketing. The position will play a critical role in creating, implementing, and reinforcing best practices and procedures to make the lead generation discipline and the Client Sales & Service Team successful. This position may include proactive prospecting and outbound engagement with potential clients. This position will also assist in the development of outbound ‘sales ready’ call plans for the Sales & Service Team.
- Prospecting, generating, qualifying, processing, and following up on leads from multiple sources
- Collaboratively work with the sales operations, marketing, and sales & service teams to develop lead management strategies to generate lead opportunities with prospective clients
- Generating leads may include engaging, nurturing and developing leads before they become qualified: conducting research to understand a company’s operations, business objectives, market entry strategies, international trade opportunities
- Supporting the Mid-Market Client Sales & Service Team’s business development strategy
- Logging all relevant prospect information into the CRM to support communications and reports
- Providing consistent, concise, accurate internal and external communications and timely weekly/monthly sales lead gen activity reports
- Working collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- Achieving qualified sales lead generation quotas
- Providing occasional and temporary support in managing a portfolio of existing clients as the needs of the business may require (for example, support required to cover a vacation leave)
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of recent business development experience in banking, international business, or other financial services
- Knowledge of best practices in sales and/or client account management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Business development experience in the trade ecosystem (examples include Economic Development Agencies, Industry Associations, Chambers of Commerce)
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- $54,500 – $81,800, plus performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline on www.edc.ca/careers : Oct 7, 2022, 11:59:00 PM EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation. Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.
To apply for this job please visit edc.taleo.net.