Date: OCT 30, 2023
Location: TORONTO, ON, CA, M4W 0A2
Job Type: Full Time
Address: 160 Bloor Street East, 11th Floor, Toronto, ON
Working Model: Hybrid
At Sephora Canada, we’re passionate about finding and sharing beauty in the world. Our constant innovation, our ability to see and lead trends, and our focus on providing an outstanding customer experience make us the most-loved beauty community and top of mind for every Canadian. We find beauty in our communities, in our differences, our experiences, and in the spirit of our employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Customs Compliance Manager, you will lead the day-to-day inbound cross-border operations and business activities, communications, and reporting associated with Customs Clearance & Brokerage. You will be responsible for the completion of customs documentation, processing of import documentation, primary contact for broker, vendors, and carriers as well as Field Support Centre partners for import/export projects, and strategies. You will ensure that all entries are released, classified, and billed accurately and perform post entry audits.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Embrace nontraditional work schedules, including evenings and weekends to ensure seamless inbound and cross-border operations
- Oversee customs compliance operations, navigating complex regulations, and industry changes with finesse, ensuring top-tier compliance from entry to post-audit for air, ground, and ocean freight
- Proactively collaborate internally to identify and resolve non-compliance areas
- Drive strategic plans and processes for effective solutions
- Advise international brands on import/export requirements. Maximize duty avoidance through innovative programs like CUSMA/USMCA & CETA, and explore trade agreement opportunities
- Analyze vast datasets, fueling a continuous improvement mindset. Optimize processes for efficiency and excellence
- Manage customs compliance lines on the Logistics P&L, driving cost-saving initiatives through effective measurement and monitoring of results
- Collaborate with internal teams for effective communication and streamlined operations
- Act as the primary contact for brokers, CBSA, and Statistics Canada
- Support the development, implementation, and documentation of essential processes within your role
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 3-5 years of recent, applicable work experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a related field
- You recognize corporate compliance risks and address and/or mitigate as necessary
- Strong customs experience and knowledge of the customs entry and drawback process
- CCS Designation required
- You are an expert in HS classification
- Strong leadership qualities to craft a vision and strategy that motivates the team
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage your time and prioritize tasks while maintaining quality and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- You’re technically savvy and are proficient in MS Office, advanced Excel skills preferred
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and relish in working collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- A keen eye for detail in everything that you do
- Ability to work varying hours/days based on the needs of the business
- Knowledge of WMS and TMS preferred
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
- You’ll be part of a unique culture and family of passionate and inspiring individuals.
- You’ll work alongside the best talent in the industry – people you’ll be proud to work with.
- You’ll have access to the global community of luxury group LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy) for endless career opportunities.
- You’ll have the opportunity to support causes through our Gift of Giving Program (matched donations through Benevity), donations of funds for volunteer time and offering and much more.
- Benefits you can mix and match, depending on your needs.
- Employee Assistance Program services for those times you need extra support.
- Access to our Well-Being@Sephora program to support your mental, financial, physical, and social well-being
- Holidays, time off, functional Friday hours and flexibility to support work-life balance.
- And of course, there’s our incredible swag – free product gifts throughout the year and tons of discounts with our brand partners.
Sephora Canada strongly believes in equal opportunity when it comes to employment and advancement. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can belong, grow, and build a beautiful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and/or any other diversity dimensions. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (visible or otherwise), other protected characteristics or other reasonable circumstances can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People team.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sephora.com.