- Employees can work remotely
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned company and recognized global leader in the metal recycling industry with more than 125 sites and 4000 employees worldwide. We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades thanks to the dedication of our employees and the ongoing trust and support of our customers.
Become part of team AIM, a growing team with an entrepreneurial spirit who has over the years evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with business divisions that include metal recycling, decommissioning and demolition, auto-parts sales and recycling, manufacturing of solder assemblies, construction waste recycling, and production of customized industrial and mining products.
We take pride in doing good things for the environment to help create a greener, more sustainable future for all. It’s simple; we do it right. We AIM for excellence.
What we offer!
- Competitive salary + other perks
- Group insurance & RRSP program
- Company-wide events throughout the year (BBQ, Holiday party etc.)
- Free gym on site
- Two cafeterias on site (subsidized meal program available)
- Dynamic & rewarding work environment- work on high-impact, meaningful projects while also having fun!
- Ensure/organise the smooth movement for container/ocean shipments.
- Update ocean freight rate matrix, sourcing rates, provide quotes in a timely manner.
- Understand industry market conditions and communicate issues that could impact operations by providing shipping and logistics solutions.
- Work closely with traders/managers to provide appropriate escalation of issues then quickly resolve issues in the most efficient manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with maritime shipping lines, freight forwarder, truckers, shipping yards
- Make the appropriate booking according to the terms of sales contracts.
- Prioritize orders according to contract deadlines and shipment requirements (Incoterm, packaging, weight restrictions, container size etc.)
- Coordinate all aspects of shipment process, including booking, e-manifesting, Bills of Lading and freight invoices.
- Prepare and approve export related shipping documents, confirm accuracy and perform data input.
- Obtain the loading pictures on all shipments, provide to customers upon request
- Create B13/AES export Declaration for Canadian/US exports.
- Save digital copy of relevant correspondence and documents.
- Handling a high volume of correspondence with divisions, overseas offices, customers and transport service providers.
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Study in freight forwarding or handling FCL/LCL Ocean export.
- Knowledge of export regulations, CAED/AES
- Understanding of Incoterms
- Ability to work with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with others as good team player.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills
- Bilingual in French and English
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.
Although we’d love to be able to speak with everyone that applies, due to the volume of applicants we receive and time constraints, only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.