Cole International Inc.
Position: Logistics Freight Pricing Analyst
Company: Cole International Inc.
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Based out of the Calgary Freight branch and requiring 3+ years experience in the Logistics & Transportation industries (preferably with a Freight Forwarder), the Pricing Analyst is responsible for the direct management and handling of pricing for freight department clients (and prospects) utilizing various modes of transport. This includes providing spot rates for specific shipments and quotations for general requirements; negotiating with carriers; and updating of the CW Sales CRM details.
The Pricing Analyst is expected to be a proven professional as it pertains to their knowledge with respect to the local internal and external environments in the jurisdiction they are working from and to provide guidance, strategy, and alternatives to clients and internal stakeholders to ensure pricing is provided swiftly, competitively and with a mutual benefit to both the client and Cole.
– Carrying out and attaining the mission and targets as they relate to strategic pricing and quote preparation.
– Arranging shipment specific spot quotes and quotations for freight related services utilizing various modes of transport throughout North America and Internationally.
– Liaising and assisting Coles Business Development, Customer Service, and Branch Management with increasing their success of new business securing and with incorporating a longer term vision with respect to increased profitability over a sustained period of time.
– Data entry functions in to internal CargoWise system within quote modules as well as client specific updates within the Sales and CRM modules.
– Client / Vendor / Internal Stakeholder interaction daily through email, phone, and face-to-face when required
– Responding to customer rate requests in a timely manner as outlined by Pricing Dept. Management
– Vendor rate and tariff negotiations
– Personal ongoing development of pricing skills, industry knowledge, and competitive selling.
– Identifying target markets and tracking market trends based on the company’s current proficiency and competitiveness in response to clearly identifiable advantageous positions.
– Assist in planning, developing, and evaluating pricing strategies at a macro and micro level in line with business strategy. Strategies are to be influenced by volume opportunity, profit potential, and service cross-over to other departments; in addition to those factors influenced by geographical locations amongst other factors.
– Making business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with company policies, procedures, and agenda.
– Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and trade data, to monitor and measure the teams productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
– Supportive of the Business Development and Customer Service departments to identify and target new growth opportunities as well as expanding existing business with current clientele.
– Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Requirements and Education
– 3 to 5 Years industry experience is a requirement, preferably within a freight forwarding environment.
– Familiarity with all aspects of CargoWise operating system at time of hire is an asset
– Familiarity with all aspects of CargoWise operating system within 9 months of hire is a requirement.
– CargoWise Certified Operator (CCO) accreditation plus CRM & Tariff Management is a requirement within 9 months of hire
– Post-Secondary educational components in Business and Marketing are an asset.
– Knowledge of the functions, operations and mission of the branch and company.
– Completion of CIFFA education or industry equivalent training is a requirement.
– Familiarity with Dangerous Goods training/requirements is an asset.
– Better than average written and spoken communication in French & English and influencing skills. Ability to present in front of business leadership.
– Better than average customer service skills.
– Ability to travel for presentations and training may be required
– Demonstrated initiative, curiosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve.
– Accustomed to dealing with ambiguity and complex situations
– Hands-on mentality, analytical skills and business development / project management skills
– Proven strong negotiation skills
– Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
– Capable computer skills including: knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Power Point programs; as well as hosting and presenting webinars and Go To Meetings
– Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
– High degree of Business and Sales acumen
– Notable high performer with above average file profitability skill & proven ability to secure new business
– Liaise and attend industry functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
All resumes will be reviewed. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- How many modes of transport have you handled in previous Freight Forwarding positions?
- 3PL: 3 years (required)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.