Job Id: 488505WD
Job Type: Full time
Job available in 15 locations
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You’ll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
Meaningful work you’ll be part of
As a Customs & International Trade Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances
- Analyze marketplace trends – economical, social, cultural, technological – to identify opportunities and create value propositions
- Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas
- Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations
- Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders
- Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
- Continue to build PwC’s brand/reputation in the external market as a firm that delivers measurable value to its clients as it relates to Customs and International Trade
- Continue to build internal awareness for the capabilities of solutions across the firm by evangelizing, educating, and collaborative team selling with other PwC colleagues
- Engaging with clients that import or export goods to understand their obligations under customs regulations
- Assisting clients in audit verifications
- Working with PwC practitioners and clients to optimize value chain from a customs perspective
- Providing advice in connection with restructurings and mergers & acquisitions
- Assisting client with expansion into Canada
- Trade management (Value, Origin and Classification)
- Post-entry adjustment obligations
- P2P Reconciliation
- SIMA Investigations
- Duty Deferral/FTZ
- Uncovering/reporting any customs duty recovery opportunities
- Duty Drawback
Experiences and skills you’ll use to solve
- Experience and subject matter expertise in customs, including:
- Customs Valuation
- Tariff Classification
- Rules of Origin
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCA) designation is preferred
- Functioning at a senior level/demonstrating gravitas and expertise to engage comfortably with the most senior finance/tax leaders within client organizations
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally to generate ideas
- Strong communication, collaboration, business, and technology skills
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside and/or coaching diverse people and perspectives
PwC PwC BC Region Pay Range Information
The salary range* for this position is $115,500 – $192,400, plus individuals may be eligible for an annual bonus payment. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent upon your skills, experience, qualifications and geographic location.
*Please note that the salary range for this position is reflected for our British Columbia region. Given our national recruiting approach, we recruit (and may hire) in other regions and therefore the salary range may differ depending on the work location. PwC is committed to competitive compensation and sharing salary ranges in accordance with applicable pay transparency legislation as they arise.
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc.
Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.
The most connected firm through activity based working
PwC Canada is committed to cultivating an inclusive, hybrid work environment – one that is collaborative, supportive and productive. We work in-person and virtually, as is best suited for our clients, teams and people. We want you to be intentional with your work, how you do it and where it’s done. PwC offices are hubs of connectivity and learning. We strongly encourage our people to prioritise in-person work, whether it’s in the office or at a client site. This means we expect you to be in-person (either with clients or in the office) at least half of your time. We know that hybrid work is all about balance, and capturing the benefits of in-person work is essential to your growth at the firm. Exact expectations for your team can be discussed with your interviewer.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We’re committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We’re committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-ca.pwc.com.