Location: Celebration, Florida, United States
Business: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Date posted: Apr. 26, 2023
General Position Summary:
Primary focus of this position is to facilitate global trade and help ensure compliance with all customs regimes and various other agency regulations, globally. The candidate will accomplish this by tactically and strategically engaging internal and external partners in the process.
Responsible for managing all compliance aspects of international trade for Disney Cruise Lines. This position reviews import/export filings, bonded warehouse admission/withdrawal filings, and vessel inbound/offload manifests. Responsible to train/consult Disney Cruise Line® ship Crew Members and shore Cast Members on US Customs regulations, and other government agency requirements affecting imports and exports.
Reporting to the Senior Manager –Trade Compliance – DPEP
- Develop, maintain and perform regulatory compliance audits
- Responsible for classification reviews and corresponding activities to meet applicable regulations
- Monitor and resolve impact of changes in trade laws and regulations. Develop vital changes in procedures as required by these changes. Effectively communicate these changes to appropriate personnel
- Train/consult Disney Cruise Line® ship Crew Members and shore Cast Members on Customs regulations, and other government agency requirements affecting imports and exports.
- Responsible for driving compliance with all import/export activities to meet all country procedures and processes
- Identify Customs risks areas and develop actionable plans and procedures to mitigate those risks
- Revise established compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing legal framework and business models, seek out automation opportunities
- Consult on workflow/process improvements through the use of automation to strategically optimize global trade management related activities
- Advise the department leader of key issues, new and potential problems, including notices, penalties and other inquiries by Customs and/or other government agencies
- Partner with departments to establish strategic measures in optimizing business operations in line with corporate regulatory policy
- Where additional controls are needed, work with the operations and leadership of the area to develop and implement the necessary internal controls
- Review of import entry filings, warehouse admission and withdrawal filings and ship inbound manifest preparation
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in supply chain logistics/distribution, finance, accounting, international business, or a similar field of study.
- 5 plus years of professional experience in international trade and regulatory compliance
- An expert in tariff classifications, with emphasis in the use of tools such as Informed Compliance Publications, Explanatory Rules, Rulings, court cases, etc.
- Understanding of the Dynamics of international commerce including export/import processes, national and foreign statutory and regulatory provisions, tariff and non-tariff barriers
- Economic, market, political and other factors influencing trade objectives and positions
- Strong familiarity with Customs Agency, government and other programs related to foreign trade
- Self-driven: Highly motivated by cause, rewarded by attained results
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- U.S. Customs Broker License preferred
- If you’re the type of person that likes to work hard, play hard and do it as part of a hard-working team, then this could be the opportunity for you!
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.