Position: Customs Consultant
Company: Livingstons International
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
A consultant must be capable of leading a team within an engagement, mentoring other team members, able to interface with all levels of a client environment from senior executive management to operational employees, and able to build, maintain and grow relationships with clients. Analyze and understand gaps, areas for improvement in clients’ processes and procedures, perform root cause analyses, and provide recommendations. Responsibilities of this position also include managing import and/or export-related activities for clients, drafting responses to government inquiries, soliciting, preparing, and reviewing documents for myriad programs. Researching and consulting internally and externally regarding numerous trade compliance activities and scenarios is expected.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver consulting engagements.
- Participate in the creation of the engagement plan.
- Follow and meet plan deadlines / due dates (expected consistently).
- Complete engagement e.g. anticipates hurdles and proactively resolves potential issues.
- Participate in kickoff the engagement.
- Participate in milestone meetings at the client location.
- Use and complete all applicable engagement tools. Ensure working papers and supporting documents are archived properly.
- Deliver the engagement deliverables with key team members that were assigned.
- Participate in post engagement reviews and client satisfaction surveys.
- Perform to established standards and defined metrics.
- Show initiative to do special project support – recognize issue, suggest and implement solutions.
- Proactively identify and perform activities in support of Global Consulting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of customs and relevant legislation.
- Trade expertise in imports and/or exports for both commerce and state
- Capability to recognize underlying needs (e.g., issues, quality, compliance, budgeting) in the client’s situation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines
- High initiative, self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable: able to play various roles depending on the requirements of the engagement from engagement manager to team member
- Organized, logical thinker
- Proven project management skills
- Analytical and research skills and ability to apply and present recommendations based on analysis
- Innovative: able to come up with creative solutions to client problems
Work Experience – Minimum Required
5 years of related experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.livingstonintl.com.