Job title: Coordinator – Customs Compliance
Team: Global Operations
Contract type: Full time
Date: Nov 6, 2023
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This position is responsible for providing support to ensure all import and/or export activities adhere to Canada government import/export laws and regulations. This position will handle day to day import and/or export related operational activities and issues involving both internal and external stakeholders.
• Works closely with the Customs Manager to address broker requests and resolve issues preventing customs release.
• Prepares customs documentation as required or needed.
• Monitors and addresses activities related to Canadian trade agreements.
• Audit entries filed by customs broker to ensure compliance and complete any post-entry adjustments as required.
• Provides subject matter expertise on customs matters to internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the seasonal customs import classification process.
• Monitors for entry deviations and reconciles accordingly to ensure correct duty payments are made.
• Partner with internal finance teams to execute all necessary duties related to month end closures and reporting.
• Documents, monitors, and updates customs processes as required to meet business needs to maintain a high level of compliance.
• Assists with creating, updating, and maintaining import/export processes, procedures and SOP’s as needed.
• Supports the collection of data for daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting and KPI’s.
• Supports global and regional Customs initiatives and projects.
• Participates in and attends import/export compliance training seminars and meetings as needed and/or required.
• Internally: Transportation, Finance, Legal, Tax, DC Ops
• Externally: Customs Broker, CBSA and other government agencies, 3rd Party Logistics Providers, Carriers, and Factories
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the imports, exports, Customs brokerage, HTS classification, inventory control systems, warehousing and logistics activities
• Knowledge of filling individual and blanket entry adjustments.
• A strong internal and external customer service attitude
• Detail oriented with strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet daily deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts and draw valid conclusions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and capable of working as part of a team or alone with little supervision
• PC Literate – strong Excel and Access skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• College degree/diploma or equivalent relevant work experience
• 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
• Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) Designation
• Knowledge of import process, tariff preference and familiarity with customs in required
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adidas-group.com.