Export Development Canada (EDC)
Account Manager – Small Business Solutions (Toronto or London, Ontario)-00010Y
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC’s knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Small Business Solutions team’s vision is to become the leader in providing export oriented small businesses with the knowledge and innovative solutions necessary to develop and to be competitive in the global market. Under the Small Business Solutions team (SBS) service model, the Account Managers Small Business presents all products and services to smaller exporters. They will work closely with the SB Virtual group: Underwriting, Marketing, Commercial Markets and Sector groups to deliver an integrated approach to understanding and responding to the needs of small exporters.
The ideal candidate for the role of Account Manager Small Business would be an individual who combines a strong knowledge of several of EDC’s products with strong account management skills. This individual would be energized by the prospect of working with a group whose purpose is to develop and grow EDC’s capacity to fulfill that mandate. The candidate must be willing to attend training in Ottawa for the first 2-3 months and then relocate to Toronto or London, Ontario for a minimum of two years. The position reports to the Manager Small Business Solutions.
- Manages a portfolio of customers with the objective of retaining customers, developing opportunities for exporters, and acquiring new customers. Accountable for assessing customer’s needs and developing a plan effectively matching an EDC solution to these needs in the areas of export financing, risk management or other needs, presents and closes the entire range of EDC’s products
- Responds to inquiries from small business prospects, identifying and qualifying potential EDC clients
- Act as a connector, with solid understanding of international business practices and services available to the export community outside of EDC, provide exporting information to exporters and refer them to other areas or to external organizations as appropriate
- Participates in SBS projects and programs designed to enhance the delivery of EDC’s mandate to small business
- Participates in networking events for EDC as well as presenting the value proposition of EDC to the banking , partners and the small business community
- University degree in business or a related field (e.g. Commerce, Finance, Marketing), or a combination of relevant education and sales and customer service experience
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Software Systems (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to attend training in Ottawa for the first 2-3 months and then relocate to Toronto or London for a minimum of two years
- Excellent language skills in English (oral and written)
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strong multi-tasker, handles challenging situations and works well under pressure and within tight timelines
- Keen to work with small business exporters
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Understanding of EDC’s credit risk standards and practices
- Solid knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- Broad knowledge of products
- Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation from FITT
- Bilingual in both official languages (English & French)
- $54,400 – $73,600