Position: Global Trade Compliance Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
The Global Trade Compliance team is an integral part of lululemon’s supply chain and is responsible for supporting import/export operations throughout our global network. The team contributes to lululemon’s success by ensuring efficient and on-time customs clearance of lululemon products, while leveraging duty optimization strategies and ensuring compliance with international trade laws and regulations. The Global Trade Compliance Specialist is a key role that will support the team with important trade compliance and optimization functions related to tariff classification, country of origin, valuation, and duty drawback.
The role will support the Global Trade Compliance team in ensuring that the requirements and business processes associated with cross-border movements function smoothly, while ensuring that risks and opportunities are identified and managed efficiently.
- Support day-to-day global trade activities of the organization
- Support team with researching and providing guidance on HTS classification, country of origin, valuation, and other critical import trade compliance functions
- Engage with internal logistics teams, customs brokers, and 4PL vendors
- Research, measure and analyze process improvement opportunities
- Formulate ideas and deliver possible compliance improvement and trade savings opportunities
- Support in maintaining overall compliance with duty drawback regulations in various jurisdictions
- Coordinate with Global Trade Management Platform (GTMP) implementation teams on data reporting requirements to facilitate duty drawback filings
- Communicate with customs authorities on technical duty drawback matters and prepare duty drawback entries for submission
- Assist with compliance reviews, internal self-assessments, vendor QBRs, and post-entry audits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of relevant experience dealing with trade and customs matters with concentration in tariff classification, rules of origin, customs valuation and duty drawback
- Prior experience in tax or advisory services firm, customs brokerage, government, or trade law firm an asset
- Certified Trade Compliance Specialist (CTCS), Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) or similar trade & customs related designation an asset
- Strong analytical/investigative skills and proven work ethic with desire to do more than is expected
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously
To apply for this job please visit lululemon.taleo.net.