Company: Choice Logistics
Position: Global Trade Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Description: Choice Logistics is currently seeking a talented and experienced professional to join our Global Trade Solutions (GTS) Operational team in the role of Global Trade Analyst. This position requires attention to detail, great organization and ability to work independently and as part of team.
The Global Trade Analyst will report to the Associate Director, GTS Compliance, Operations and is responsible for the coordination with clients and CHB’s to facilitate the import/export of products in APAC, EMEA, and LATAM without disruption. This position will also assist to maintain aspects of the import/export compliance program, including license application, denied party screening, and global trade management system and act as team lead of the GTS Operations group providing operational guidance to the group in absence of the Manager.
- Monitor import clearance and/or export delays and work with the IOR, Broker and Client to resolve and clear Customs in a timely manner.
- Acts as a Customs resource resolving classification, valuation, origin issues for internal and external clients.
- Develop and maintain current and accurate databases, documentation and reports to reflect import/export activities.
- Provide in training on import/export compliance matters, changes, GTS procedures, etc.
- Coordinate AES training, filing, and account maintenance with the distributions centers.
- Primary responsibility for operational activities related to RPL screening, end user/end use verification, export document support.
- Coordinate responses, resolutions and escalation inquiries related to imports and exports.
- Drive improvement and efficiencies of established processes aligned with business processes.
- Work with Assoc. Director, GTS to conduct internal compliance and SLA assessments.
- Keep informed as to current laws and regulations governing the importation/exportation of goods.
- Work with the team to ensure projects and daily workload are completed and escalate needed.
- Participates in a variety of projects supporting the broader Trade team’s goals and objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in international logistics, import-export operations with an emphasis on compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experiences.
- Strong understanding of legal and compliance issues related to electronics is a plus.
- Strong communication skills to effectively guide clients through customs and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with Customs, BIS, EAR, AES and OFAC regulations.
- Understanding of and experience in AES filings, HTS classification, and Denied Party Screening.
- Must have intermediate level skills in MS Office Suite.
- Experience in preparing and submitting export licenses a plus.
- Employs an industrious and resourceful approach to problem solving.
- Actively seeks accept new challenges and opportunities to learn.
- Ability to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to speak Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese a plus.