Job Category: Supply, Trading & Refining
Requisition Number: TRADE008489
Posted: September 5, 2023
Job type: Full-Time
Position Title: Trade Compliance Manager
Team and Location: STaR – Calgary, AB
Starting Minimum Salary from: $ 143,300/year
At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including M&M Food Market, Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, and ON the RUN.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
The Trade Compliance Manager will be primarily responsible for import and export compliance and customs compliance processes. In addition, this role will be responsible for the management of cross functional coordination, and a small team of Analysts to ensure proactive compliance, document management and control, and support of the Supply and Trading function within the organization.
- Manage legal and administrative processes for import/export registration, permitting, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Manage legal and regulatory requirements with varying agencies and governmental departments.
- Understand and articulate appropriate registration, permitting and compliance requirements to front office for all import/export opportunities
- Assign proper HTS, tariff and product classifications and communicate to front office to include in pre-deal economics.
- Steward compliance requirements for importing and exporting of energy related products across multiple areas of the organization, including, but not limited to trading, supply, refinery, compliance, finance, tax, and legal.
- Facilitate registration of varying permits and monitor compliance of imports/exports with such permits.
- Manage ongoing documentation and reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Economics, Logistics or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a customs, product quality, or regulatory compliance role
- High attention to detail
- Strong process development and management skills
- Ability to keep up to date with related regulatory laws and policies, import/export regulations, environmental regulations and laws, permitting and registration requirements, customs processes, while being able to communicate the impacts and requirements to many cross functional business colleagues and leaders
- Capable of keeping up with a fast paced environment
- Strong research/analytical skills
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- A flexible group benefit plan that offers health and dental coverage choices to meet the needs of each unique employee. Inclusive of life and disability insurances, Health Care and Lifestyle Spending options, and a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- Save on gas at our participating gas stations across Canada (Chevron, Fas Gas, Ultramar, and Pioneer).
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.
This position will close on September 19, 2023 or when a successful candidate is found.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.