Athena Marketing International
Company: Athena Marketing International
Position: Manager – International Sales
Location: Seattle, WA
Located in Seattle, Washington, Athena Marketing International (www.athenaintl.com) (AMI) is a highly specialized international business development, marketing and consulting firm serving the global food, beverage, nutrition and consumer products industries. Our mission is to build profitable, market sustainable food, beverage and consumer brands worldwide.
The Manager – International Sales can play a key role in building a world-class professional services firm. This position will report to the President, and will support our international customers in over 130 countries worldwide. There will be close interaction with our other Sales and Marketing executives, both internal and external. The successful candidate must be willing to be a “hands on” enabler in the current high growth phase of our company.
This position will have the responsibility for managing our worldwide international distributor/importer/retailer customers. She/he will open new customer accounts and grow existing international customer sales. This role will also be responsible for researching various import procedures and regulations in a large variety of countries worldwide. The Manager – International Sales will ensure that export sales are managed in compliance with U.S. and international regulations. An understanding of export documentation required in various markets is preferred for this role.
The winning candidate will ideally have spent time in a food and beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing company, preferably with international Sales and/or inside sales responsibilities. She/he may also have worked in a smaller, resource-restricted environment that requires a hands-on, entrepreneurial management style. This role requires a detailed, “roll up the sleeves” type person who thrives on making things happen. Being a global company, AMI employees often work closely with our worldwide customers on different time zones.
This is a full–time, 40-hour per week position.
- Manage all assigned export markets and client brands to ensure each international customer is managed properly and professionally with outstanding sales growth.
- Advise specific documentation and procedures required for foreign market entry
- Assist clients with processing of international Purchase Orders to ensure efficient importation of products at foreign destinations
- Communicate with international customers and U.S. government agencies on a timely basis
- Improve international customer satisfaction by providing timely invoices, pricing, product updates, features and benefits, and relevant market research
- Solicit international customer feedback and use it to improve AMI service levels
- Identify, assess and recruit qualified international distributors and importers of food, beverage, and consumer packaged goods.
- Expand AMI clients’ international sales and distribution and increase their global brand exposure.
- Manage and attend international trade shows and major industry events; international travel will be required.
- Conduct appropriate market research in foreign countries to understand category and competitors.
- Correspond with and build a network of international distributors and importers to increase sales.
- Conduct due diligence of potential foreign distribution partners.
- Develop effective business relationships with key U.S. government and international officials, food and beverage industry representatives and trade organizations worldwide to ensure that the interests of AMI are effectively promoted and protected.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A proven Sales professional with 3-7 years of successful progression in a food, beverage or consumer goods company.
- A track record of international Sales experience would be valuable, and a clearly articulated desire to build a world-class professional services company.
- Knowledge of export processes, purchasing and regulations for food and beverage products is preferred but not required.
- Experience with food manufacturing, ingredients and technical issues would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of foreign import regulations and requirements is helpful.
- Experience building Sales teams as well as forming solid business relationships and contacts at all levels of organizations.
- Freight forwarding and international logistics background would also be helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business executives of foreign cultures.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize needs of customers. Good leadership skills, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as MS Office computer skills.
- High initiative and self-directed – able to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
Athena Marketing International (AMI) offers a competitive compensation package that includes base compensation commensurate with a candidate’s background and experience, bonus opportunities, health care benefits and employer-contributed 401(K) plan.
Athena Marketing International
5506 Sixth Avenue South, Suite 203
Seattle, WA 98108 U.S.A.
Tel: +1 (206) 749-9255
Fax: +1 (206) 624-8826
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.