Beiersdorf North America
Company: Beiersdorf North America
Position: Export and Import Specialist
Location: Wilton, CT
Beiersdorf USA is a subsidiary of Beiersdorf Global AG the global parent company to our brands. The US office is located in Wilton, CT with the global Headquarters located in Hamburg, Germany. For more than 130 years, care for consumers and our people is what has driven us. Every day, our global brand icons, such as NIVEA, Eucerin, and Hansaplast, make more than 500 million consumers in over 200 countries feel good in their skin.
Join this world of care and start your career in an environment that offers you the freedom to drive our business with your entrepreneurial spirit. Shape your professional future from day one and explore our collaborative culture with smart, courageous teams that all share one exciting goal: developing skin care products of the next generation.
NIVEA® is one of the world’s largest and leading skin care brands for over 100 years of skin expertise and constant advancement, NIVEA deeply nourishes and softens skin like no other brand. NIVEA has products across multiple categories including body lotion, all-purpose cremes, body wash, lip care and Men’s personal care & grooming.
The Export and Import Specialist’s primary role is to oversee export and import processes while ensuring customs and foreign trade compliance, sales order processing, coordination with customs brokers and freight forwarders, pick-up arrangements, export and import documentation, product tariff classifications, and internal audit and government reporting procedures. This role must understand and enforce Customs & Trade laws, policies, and best practices, while identifying opportunities to make day-to-day operations more efficient and reduce applicable duties and tax implications.
You will join an entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast paced culture where every employee’s contributions make a big impact. Our teams act with Care, Simplicity, Courage, and Trust to continuously improve as leaders and deliver superior skin care products.
- Support in ensuring customs, foreign trade and export control compliance and enforcement of respective legislation
- Assess and evaluate existing business activities, practices, projects and documents as well as of upcoming business initiatives to assess compliance and business risks and opportunities
- Develop and maintain comprehensive export and import controls and Key Performance Metrics
- Facilitate the daily activities of the operational team by ensuring that day-to-day tasks are executed timely and completely, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations in order to enable customs clearance processes
- Work with the Planning team to ensure forecast/demand requirements are achievable in a timely manner.
- Work with Production centers to ensure customs requirements are being produced and coordinated for shipment in a timely manner.
- Manage the sales order process with the receiving affiliates.
- Works closely with freight forwarders and customs brokers to ensure efficiency and compliance for daily operations.
- Establish excellent working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, while working independently and proactively to take decisive actions as necessary
- Performs internal audits and manages the company’s processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Able to analyse and identify problems or opportunities and recommend solutions and move them to action
- Monitor foreign trade developments (embargos, sanctions, EAR, OFAC, etc.) including full-scale implementation of an effective internal control program (ICP) for imports and export controls
- Maintain import and export related master data management (key-user roles); development and implementation of existing IT structures (preferably SAP ERP, SAP GTS)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have an Undergraduate degree in Business, Law, Logistics, Operations, or related area; customs and trade specific training is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in import/export customs operations
- Thorough understanding of Customs regulations and other Government Agencies
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in import/export laws and procedures, documentation requirements, permit processes, and have in depth understanding of Customs classification schedules (U.S. and International)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of SAP are desirable
For consideration, please apply on-line, and provide a resume and salary requirements to be considered.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.